Laser cutting is one of Colibrisodm sheet cutting processes that involves a high-power laser beam to cut, melt, or burn a material sheet. For the industrial applications, it directs a high-powered laser through optics to cut and etch sheet material on the cutting bed, leaving an edge with a high-quality surface finish.
Laser cutting ensures a high precision and consumes less energy than plasma cutting – has an upper threshold on the thickness of the material being cut and can produce complex parts without the use of a custom – designed tool. Due to its excellent reproducibility, the method is suitable for both one-off applications and low to medium scale manufacturing. What is more, laser cutting is ideal for a wide range of materials (including metals, wood and polymers), although it is particularly useful for the fabrication of metals (steel, brass, aluminium, or nickel).
- Flexibility: regardless of intricacy or size, it can cut, engrave, or score a range of various shapes from the same material thickness without altering setup.
- High precision: lasers produce cuts and shapes with a high degree of accuracy – can give exact cuts and marks. A laser cutter creates clean edges and a smooth finish.
- Efficient energy usage: the efficiency of a laser cutter combined with its advanced technology causes it to use less energy than other cutting methods.
- Repeatability: +/- 0.05 mm ensures parts that are pretty much replicas of each other.
- Automation: the job needs little manpower as modern laser cutting machinery is highly automated
Key takeaways ⤵️
✅ Laser cutting is known for the ability to cut metal accurately at fast speeds.
✅ The method is suitable for both one-off applications and low to medium scale manufacturing.
✅ Ideal for the fabrication of metals (steel, brass, aluminium, or nickel).
✅ Laser cutting guarantees replicability.
Types Of Laser Cutters Available From Colibrisodm
3 CNC lasers are able to process sheet metal with max. dimensions of 1500 x 3000 mm and max. thickness of 25 mm.
6kW laser TruLaser 5030 ensures best-in-class cutting quality and lowest scrap rate.
Colibrisodm sheet metal cutting services are an excellent part of the production line in our workshop as many in-house manufactured products start with the sheet metal cutting operation and move further onto the next manufacturing operations.